Monday, May 6, 2013

Dale Chihuly museum



Do yourself a favor- next time you are in Seattle, go to the Dale Chihuly glass museum. It is right downtown next to the Space Needle. More than a month later, I am still dreaming about it. Some of the pieces feel like a cirque du soleil still life- they pulsate with energy, color, vibrancy.

The museum is also feels so accessible and as a visitor and novice of his work, I was able to quickly connect to the different periods of his designs.

While he has completed installations all over the world, there is something very northwestern in his pieces too. (This book reminds me of it.)



In addition to the gorgeous interior museum rooms, there is a gorgeous outdoor garden.



My sisters and I agree that this would be one heck of a place to throw a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment