Monday, July 26, 2010

melon, strawberries & mint

My husband and I recently celebrated our 10th Anniversary. I feel very blessed that we continue to be crazy about each other. During our honeymoon, we stayed at a lovely bed and breakfast in Santa Barbara. Breakfast each morning was served in a sun drenched conservatory at the side of the house. There always seemed to be a thin slice of perfectly ripe cantaloupe on each plate. Whenever I have cantaloupe, I always think of those first mornings of our marriage.
Here is my favorite summer fruit salad. Fragrant cantaloupe, gorgeous strawberries, and a bit of mint to sparkle it up. This is less of a recipe and more of an idea: cube up a cantaloupe, slice a pint of washed strawberries, and shred about a tablespoon of mint. Gently toss it all together. To me, it is summer at its best, it is love at its best: unpretentious and sweet. Please share for breakfast with someone you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment